Pea Shoot Seeds, specially cultivated for growing pea shoot microgreens and sprouts.
- Rich in Vitamins, Protein, and Fibre
- Specially cultivated for growing pea shoots or sprouts
- Easy to grow, ready in 7-14 days
- 100% Organic – Soil Association Certified
- Lab tested & high germination guaranteed
- GMO Free
Country of Origin: Italy
Botanical Name: Pisum sativum
Packaged in the UK in resealable pouch
Shelf-life: 6 months minimum
Taste: Juicy and sweet
Pea Shoot Seeds Health Benefits
A 100-gram serving of these pea shoots offers:
- 4 grams of protein
- 3 grams of fibre
- 280 micrograms of Vitamin K
- 79 milligrams of Vitamin C
- 340 micrograms of Vitamin A
100 grams of pea shoot will also provide 37% of the daily recommended intake for manganese, 24% for Vitamin E, and 23% for folate.
How to Eat
The sweet and nutty taste of pea shoot microgreens adds a burst of flavour to a variety of dishes. Use them in salads, sandwiches, or as a garnish for soups. They also make a tasty addition to stir-fries and are perfect for garnishing seafood and pasta dishes.
Collections: Sprouting Seeds, Microgreen Seeds
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
How to Grow Pea Shoots
- Soak a cup of Pea Shoot Seeds in cold water for 8-12 hours.
- Drain and spread evenly on a growing tray filled with any growing medium such as organic soil or coir discs.
- Mist the growing medium with water to keep it moist.
- Place tray in a location with indirect sunlight.
- Water daily to keep the growing medium moist but not waterlogged.
- Harvest in 7-14 days when shoots are 2-4 inches tall.
Tip: Pea shoots like cooler temperatures, so avoid direct sunlight. For better taste and texture, harvest before they grow too tall.
How to Grow Pea Sprouts
- Soak the Seeds: Begin by soaking a cup of Pea Shoot Seeds in cold water for 8-12 hours to activate the germination process.
- Drain and Rinse: After soaking, drain the water using a mesh sieve or sprouting lid. Rinse the seeds thoroughly with cold water.
- Place in Sprouting Jar: Transfer the rinsed seeds to a sprouting jar, covering the top with a sprouting screen or mesh fabric.
- Initial Placement: Place the jar in a cool, dark location, such as a kitchen cupboard, for the first 24 hours.
- Regular Rinsing: Rinse the seeds 2-3 times per day with cold water. After rinsing, make sure to drain all excess water.
- Check Progress: Start checking for sprouts after 2 days. The sprouts are ready to harvest usually between 2-5 days, depending on your preference for sprout size.
- Harvest: Once ready, remove sprouts from the jar and give them a final rinse. Drain thoroughly.
- Enjoy: Your pea sprouts are now ready to eat or store. If storing, place them in an airtight container and refrigerate.
These seeds yield approximately 2:1, meaning you’ll get about 2 cups of sprouts for every cup of seeds.
Have these Pea Shoot Seeds been tested for pathogens?
Yes, they have been tested for salmonella, listeria, E. coli, and B. cereus.
How do I harvest pea shoots?
Use a clean pair of scissors to snip the shoots above the growing medium, leaving the roots and lower stems intact.
How many times can I harvest from one planting?
You can usually get 2-3 harvests from a single planting, depending on how well you maintain the growing conditions.
Free returns within 30 days
If you are not completely satisfied with our products for any reason, you can return them free of charge within 30 days.
We ship orders within 3-5 days via Royal Mail
Free UK mainland delivery on orders over £40