£3.70 – £26.50
Milder than many sprouts Red Beet has a delicious earthy taste and the most incredible bright colour. Beet is well known for treating many conditions, especially those related to the digestion and the blood. Beetroot juice has long been considered a natural aphrodisiac. They can be eaten raw in salads and we have been putting it on toast, jacket potatoes and sprinkling it over roasted vegetables. It gives a deep rich flavour and adds a beautiful garnish. This seed can be used to grow beet greens or beet sprouts but please note that growing these as sprouts will produce a lower yield than growing them as microgreens.
Nutrition: Vitamins A, B, C, E and K, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Carotene, Chlorophyll, Amino Acids, Trace Elements
Protein: 30 – 35%
Sprouting Instructions: Soak 6-12 hours Rinse 2 – 3 per day Harvest 3 to 6 days Yield 5:1 Shelf life 2 years
Have a question?
What are the micro green instructions?
Hi Paul 🙂
Here are the instructions:
1. Plant 2-3 teaspoons of seed (for a 5×5 inch Tray) on a thoroughly moistened medium (soil/coconut coir etc).
2. Cover with another tray, or a plate – to keep light out and moisture in.
3. Keep the soil (or other medium) moist by watering lightly as needed. Don’t drench!
4. When your plants have begun to show leaves, remove cover and move your crop to a well-lit location.
5. Harvest when the leaves are open and an inch or three tall (day 5-14).
6. Cut just above the soil, with a scissors or sharp knife.
We ship orders within 2-5 days via DPD
Free UK mainland delivery on orders over £50
Up to 1kg: £5.10