Our organic kale seed is specially selected for sprouting and microgreens.
Kale sprouts are vibrant green shoots that emerge from germinated kale seeds. They have a fresh and tender appearance and add a peppery and slightly sweet taste to dishes. These sprouts are easy to grow at home and are a popular choice for adding a burst of colour and flavour to meals.
- Great source of vitamin C, folic acid, calcium, and potassium
- Specially cultivated for growing sprouts and microgreens
- Easy to grow, ready in 3 days
- 100% Organic – Soil Association Certified
- Lab tested & high germination guaranteed
- GMO Free
Country of Origin: Italy
Botanical Name: Brassica oleracea var. sabellica
Packaged in the UK in resealable pouch
Shelf-life: 6 months minimum
Taste: Strong flavour, peppery and slightly sweet
Collections: Sprouting Seeds, Microgreen Seeds
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
How to Grow As Sprouts
- Rinse 1 tablespoon of kale seeds thoroughly.
- Place the seeds in a jar and cover with a few inches of water. Let soak for 6-8 hours.
- Drain the water and rinse the seeds. Place the jar in a cool, dark place.
- Rinse and drain the seeds twice a day for 3 days.
- Once sprouted, place the jar in indirect light to develop the leaves.
Tips: Ensure the seeds are well-drained after each rinse to prevent mould.
How to Grow As Microgreens
- Spread the kale seeds evenly over a tray filled with soil or a growing medium.
- Lightly press the seeds into the soil and mist with water.
- Cover the tray with a lid or another tray to create darkness.
- Water daily and keep the tray in a warm, dark place for 3-4 days.
- Once the seeds have sprouted, move the tray to a location with indirect light.
- Harvest the microgreens when they have developed their first true leaves.
Tips: Keep the soil moist but not waterlogged to encourage healthy growth.
How long do kale sprouts take to grow?
Kale sprouts are usually ready to harvest in about 3 days.
Can I grow kale sprouts indoors?
Yes, kale sprouts can be easily grown indoors on a windowsill or countertop.
Do kale sprouts need sunlight to grow?
Kale sprouts need indirect light to develop leaves after the initial sprouting phase.
What do kale sprouts taste like?
Kale sprouts have a delightfully peppery and slightly sweet taste.
Have these seeds been tested for pathogens?
Yes, they have been tested for salmonella, listeria, E. coli, and B. cereus.
Free returns within 30 days
If you are not completely satisfied with our products for any reason, you can return them free of charge within 30 days.
We ship orders within 3-5 days via Royal Mail
Free UK mainland delivery on orders over £40