Organic Mung Bean Sprout Seeds, specially selected for sprouting.
- Excellent source of protein, fibre, and antioxidants
- Easy to grow, ready in 2-3 days
- Specially cultivated seed for growing sprouts
- 100% Organic – Soil Association Certified
- Lab tested & high germination guaranteed
Botanical Name: Vigna radiata
Packaged in the UK
Shelf-life: 6 months minimum
Taste: Mung bean sprouts have a crunchy, fresh and sweet taste.
One of the most popular sprouts of all time, Mung is easy to add to recipes and is often called for in Asian dishes. It goes perfectly in stir-fries, noodles, curries, and soups.
100g of beans will produce approximately 250g of sprouts in 2 – 3 days.
We use these exact same sprouting mung bean seeds to grow our wholesale sprouts, sold throughout the UK in places like Abel & Cole, Planet Organic, The Organic Delivery Company, and Langridge Organic.
Sprouted mung beans are a good source of protein, fibre, and antioxidants, which can help to support a healthy diet.
Additionally, sprouting mung beans reduces the levels of phytic acid, an antinutrient that can inhibit the absorption of minerals like zinc, magnesium, and calcium. Sprouting also increases the availability of free amino acids and reduces the calorie content of the beans.
- Nutritional composition and antinutritional factors of mung bean seeds (Phaseolus aureus) as affected by some home traditional processes (Sciencedirect.com)
- A critical review on phytochemical profile and health promoting effects of mung bean (Sciencedirect.com)
Mung bean sprouts can be eaten raw or cooked. They can be added to salads, sandwiches, stir-fries, and soups for a crunchy texture and nutty flavor. Mung bean sprouts can also be lightly sautéed in oil and served as a side dish.
Collections: Sprouting Seeds